Proofreading & Editing
Master’s Thesis/Dissertation Assistance
Content Editing: We make recommendations for readability.
- Replacing passive voice with active voice
- Varying unintentionally repeated verbs
- Adding dashes or parentheses to clarify subordinate material
- Reducing strings of adjectives or doublings
- Replacing indefinite pronouns with clear noun subjects
- Reducing the use of pet words or phrases
- Changing words with discriminatory connotations
- Defining special terms on first appearance
- Cutting wordy sentences
Copyediting: We insure your work says exactly what you mean.
- Correcting misspellings
- Problems with subject-verb agreement
- Incorrect verb tense
- Unnecessary or missing commas
- Unmarked em-dashes and en-dashes
- Dangling or misplaced modifiers
- Problems with pronoun-antecedent agreement
- Misused words (e.g., effect for affect)
- Split or fused sentences
We will standardize your text according to your preferred documentation style. Styling your document includes standardizing words in headings, titles in bibliographies, use of single or double quote marks, serial commas, numbers, acronyms, compound words, extracts, italics, note numbers, documentation styles, footnotes, and illustrations.